Saturday 19 March 2022

Quick Breakfast Oats

Quick Breakfast Oats

 









You need:-

*Pre-boiled steel cut oats (Recipe mentioned below) - I used Quaker Oats in Steel cut

*Almond milk (or milk of your choice) - I used the Califa Almond milk because that's what I had at home. You can use whichever milk you want. Using almond milk just reduces the calorific value for the overall recipe so it's healthier.

*Some fruits - You can consider berries like strawberry, blueberries, rasberry, maybe 1/3rd sliced banana, even 1/2 of an apple will add great taste.

*Nuts (almond or cashew or pista) : Any of these or all of these taste great and add that extra crunch to your breakfast. They also help in keeping you full for longer. 

*Sugarfree chocolate chips : I used Lily's dark chocolate chips 

*Black Chia seeds : any other chia seeds will also work. So you can be easy on these. 

Pre Prepping your Oats:-

I keep busy through the week so I like pre-prepping some of my foods and one constant is my breakfast. I love starting my morning with a good and aesthtic breakfast but I don't get a lot of time for all that jazz, in the morning. So here's what I do.

Take 1-11/2 cups cups of steel cut oats and boil them in 2-21/2 cups of water for 3-4 mins. Boil them till them become slightly fluffy and that's when you know they are good to eat. One's all the water is evaporated, add a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well and allow the mix to cool down. Do not add sugar or maple syrup now since that'll make it difficult to work with the oats when we eat them. Once they cool down to room temperature, refridgerate them in an air-tight container. And your oats are ready for the next morning. 

Breakfast Oats Recipe:-

Our first aim is to eat in a way that suffices the hunger but we do not end up over-eating. I use a wide mouthed tea-cup. You can use a cup or a medium sized bowl for it. 

Start with adding 2-21/2 tbspn of your pre-prepped oats. Follow this by adding some almond/oats/dairy or plant based milk to cover the level of the oats or slightly more that that. Now start adding your fruits and berries. I like going with my chopped apples followed by two chopped strawberries, 5-6 blueberries, 3-4 raspberries and finally sliced banana. Top this with some roughly chooped nuts or your chocolate chips. I generally prefer either the nuts or the chocolate chips. You can choose one of them or both. Depends on your choice of taste. You can top the dish with some maple syrup or any sweetner of your choice. I personally take this without any sweetner. The fruits and the chocolate chips/nuts do the balance of taste for me.  Your quick and healthy morning meal is ready to eat. Here's how my morning mug looks. I have paired this with a cup of freshly brewed coffee with some Nutpods creamer. 







I have tried to make this a healthy and average calorie recipe. Since this is a breakfast mug, we try to keep sufficient calories and the healthiest options. Starting the day healthy is the best thing you can do for yourself so make sure you have a good, tasty and pretty breakfast to boost your day. These ingredients are rich in fiber, low in sugar and definitely keep you full for atleast two hours. The overall is sweet, sour and nutty. There is a variety of flavors and a bundle of health benefits to this. This is one of my most favorite and regular breakfast recipes and over time, I've learnt to fall in love with what is healthy and tasty rather than plain bland oil free and tasteless food. I keep bending my mind to trying new ideas and cooking some amazing multi cuisine palettes. So wake up and give this a try. Do let me know if this works for you. 


Links to the ingredients:-

Quaker, Steel Cut Quick 3-Minute Oats

Califa farms almond milk

Lily's Chocolate Salted Caramel Flavor Baking Chips, 7 oz

Chia seeds

Shopping Link: https://www.walmart.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment